Wednesday 17 February 2010

my favourite coat ♥





I'd been dreaming of this French Connection coat since last September, but at £180 it was just too much money for poor little student me - heartbreaking!
Then a few weeks ago I went shopping with my Mum, and when we met up at the end of our shopping trip, I found SHE had bought it! In the sale it had been reduced massively from it's original price to £75 and, naturally, she snapped it up. Of course I was a little bit gutted that my dream coat now belonged to my Mum, but then as soon as we got home she realised that she'd picked up the wrong size (MY size), and since you can't take sale items back, she gave it to me! :D

Living in Britain, having lots of coats isn't a luxury, it's a necessity. I own an absolute tonne of coats (I dread to think how much I've spent over the years!), and though I love all of them, this one is by far and above my absolute favourite. The shape, the fabric, the colour, the hood! I'm such a sucker for fur hoods, and this one is so fluffy and thick that it makes me feel like an eskimo. I love it.

I've been meaning to show you lovelies for a while, but, well, I'm lazy :D
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! What did you get up to? Mine was lovely, and thank you all so much for your lovely comments. I read every single one, and always try my hardest to reply. I'm constantly amazed by how lucky I am to have such wonderful readers :)

Love, Holly ♥



EDIT: I almost forgot! I'm selling one of my very favourite satchels on ebay. You can check it out here - it really is very sweet, and I'd love it to go to one of my readers. Unfortunately, I don't ship internationally :( Sorry!

8 comments:

Victoria said...

How lucky was that :)

It's a lovely coat x

Katherine said...

i love the hood - i have had a few furry hooded jackets in my day - my favorite being my marc by marc jacobs that unfortunately is really warm...except the arms which are completely unlined.
that really is an adorable coat!

Sara said...

lucky! it's an adorable coat ♥

Raquel said...

oh it is a lovely coat, perfect for these cold times. love the hodie!
x

Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest coat! great find :)

Anonymous said...

just come across your blog, and i love it! i'm new to blogger, and i'd follow you - if i knew how! haha :) such a gorgeous coat btw, it's actually like the kind i've been looking for myself!
x

Anonymous said...

found the follow button ;)
lots of love x

l said...

I think that coat looks great on you! I hate cold weather so I am very bad about not having adequate protection from it :/ I simply don't want to buy cold weather clothes ;_;